We have been asked many times about comparing other products with ComWriter. While we are a bit biased (!) here is a list of the differences.
Positives for Scrivener:
- Offline writing
- Cork-board view
Negatives for Scrivener:
- No in-built bibliographic tool
- Formatting is done as you write
- It is a bit technical to ‘compile’ output
- No collaboration
Here is a quick comparison of the differences.
Positives for ComWriter:
- Bibliographic tool built in, complete with importing data from WorldCat, CrossRef & Wikipedia
- Style Guides are custom and more accurate than tools like Zotero, Endnote
- Write online
- Format all your text with one click of the mouse to any style guide
- Maintain custom style guides
Negatives for ComWriter (on our to do list):
- Preview of style (due Dec-2015)
- Notes (due Jan-2016)
- Collaboration (due Jan-2016)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.